Saturday, March 1, 2008

Am I a nerd? Why, yes!

We don't leave for a week and yet my little turquoise suitcase sits in the kitchen, fully packed. There's a few last little things to throw (actually cram) in there, but basically I'm ready to go. Does this seem a bit obsessive? Well, maybe, but I wanted to make sure everything fit! Now I know. It does, but just barely.

It's so hard to pack light for a trip of three months. I just bought a new pair of shoes today to take the place of two pairs I was planning to bring. They are very cute, and quite comfortable. It's a win-win situation: I get to take one less pair of shoes, and I had an excuse to buy a new pair! I sound like such a high-maintenance kind of girl, but I do love shoes.

So we're down to one week before liftoff, and apart from the packing, I'm not entirely sure I'm ready for this. I am excited, thrilled, but nervous too. I don't want to sound like a pop psychologist, but it is hard to step out into something over which I have very little control. I do love travel, and I've done quite a bit, but 3 months is a long time to be away for a homebody like me. I'm sure I'll be alright, but that might be after a homesick crying session or two. We'll just see how this goes. Thanks to all of you for loving us and praying for us while we're doing this crazy trip. And thank you too for praying about our finances. Some things have come through and we've got enough to begin with.

The countdown continues...

4 comments:

DeeAnna Banana said...

Oh my gosh! your house is sooo cute! I didn't know it was orange! I am watching the blog now so I'll comment now and again...

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you 2. Thanks for telling me about your blog! I'll keep my eyes peeled for updates and pictures. ;-)

Briana said...

You'll be fine Shannon :) Once you land, time will go by so fast and you'll have so much fun.

Anonymous said...

You're not a nerd but you are very cute!
I am continuing to pray for you and look forward to seeing the posts of your journey.